Looking Back on a Year of Giving: Sarens 2016 Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
How Sarens is serving both clients and
How Sarens is serving both clients and communities
For over six successful decades, Sarens, the worldwide leader and reference in crane rental services, heavy lifting, and engineered transport, has made it our mission to serve both clients and local communities through meaningful corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
Giving and community building are a proud tradition at Sarens, which is why we invest so heavily in CSR initiatives. To mark our milestone 60th anniversary, the Group is looking back at all the ways it has supported local communities this year.
In 2016 alone, Sarens has:
- Supported initiatives in 63 different countries.
- Helped improve health, education, skill development, training, living conditions, and support services.
- Provided aid and assistance to non-government organizations, particularly in the areas of education and healthcare.
What follows is a select list of the many organizations, people and projects Sarens has sponsored, donated to, or otherwise supported in 2016.
- Art for Africa, an organization supporting artistic endeavors for African children
- Boyle Street Services Winter Warming Bus, which provides food, warmth and shelter to the homeless
- First Annual Easter Seals Woman2Warrior Edmonton,organized by Easter Seals Alberta. The event raised $60,000 for specialized mobility equipment for children and adults with disabilities.
- Helping citizens stranded by the Fort McMurray wildfire of May 2016
- Dutch Brain Foundation (de Hersenstichting)
- Dutch Cancer Society (KWF Kankerfonds)
- Erasmus MC Friends Fund (Erasmus MC Vriendenfonds)
- Erasmus MC Tour de Rotterdam cycling tour
- GO Classic cycling tour
- Leontien Foundation
- Ronald McDonald Children's Fund
- Stichting Ride4Kids
- Iglesia de La Purisima Concepción, Zapotlan de Juarez
- Protección Civil de Zapotlan de Juarez
- Daily meals for 10 children from at-need families, sponsored by Sarens employees
- KlubOlimpijski vocational school
- MiejskiOśrodekSportu I Rekreacji ORKA for a swimming competition in Sochaczew
- NiezależnySamorządnyZwiązekZawodowyPolicji police union
- UKS Orkan Judo Sochaczew for nationwide judo competitions
- Fluor Cares, an event that raised $300,000 for local Houston charities, including LifeHouse of Houston, Lunches of Love, Texas Sentinels Foundation, and Big Love Cancer Center
- KBR Charity Golf, an event that raised $600,000 for education and health initiatives
Sarens would like to thank the management team and our employees for generously committing their time, experience, funds, and talent to serve their communities and make these initiatives a success. We couldn't have done it without you!